Monday, March 30, 2015

Spring Is Here! You Know What That Means...


Hey Y'all,
HAPPY SPRINGTIME! You know what it means when spring arrives, right? You start knitting stuff for next winter. Oh, wait. I mean you KEEP knitting stuff for next winter. Or the following winter. Really, who cares when you get it done? Just as long as you're knitting.

Even though I have done deadline knitting, I'm increasingly better at not falling into that nerve wracking trap. Knitting is for RELAXING not FRETTING. I figure this year, if I'm lucky, I'll knock out one sweater and one ginormous shawl-- both entirely done in tediously repetitious garter stitch, which I tell myself is meditative. And maybe I'll get to knit a couple of pairs of socks-- I'm on a Freia Yarn kick and am dreaming of doing one pair that is inspired by UPS drivers' socks. You know that certain brown and that certain gold? I love that combo.


Speaking of love... I never get tired of how often people send me knitting related pictures and news articles. Everyone on Facebook knows I knit. So they send me stuff like the picture above. And they request projects like the picture below, which I recently finished for a friend's baby.


And then there's this one, from the archives:


How about you? Do your friends and family send you every single knitting-related article and object and picture they come across? What was the strangest one?

Before I sign off here and go dance in the sunshine, I'd be remiss if I didn't remind you-- WE STILL HAVE A FEW OPENINGS for our Knitting and Yoga Adventures weeklong trip to Monhegan Island in September. You really ought to join us. SO FUN.

Happy Knitting,
Spike

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Been A Minute

Hi Friends! It's been a minute on the blog post aspect of things - many, many minutes. I want to jump back into it with a few things.  P...